I Won a Geekerella Prize Pack! | Alexia's Books and Such: I Won a Geekerella Prize Pack!
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~Douglas Adams

Monday, June 19, 2017

I Won a Geekerella Prize Pack!

Geekerella Prize Pack
Look what arrived on my doorstep last week! The Geekerella prize pack I won from Armchair Book Expo! I've been wanting to read this book ever since I finished the excerpt!

Since I love candles almost as much as I love books, words cannot describe how happy I was to receive this special edition candle! Created by Icey Designs, the scent reminds me of pumpkin spice. Fitting, since Elle works at a Magic Pumpkin food truck!

Synopsis


When geek girl Elle Wittimer sees a cosplay contest sponsored by the producers of Starfield, she has to enter. First prize is an invitation to the ExcelsiCon Cosplay Ball and a meet-and-greet with the actor slated to play Federation Prince Carmindor in the reboot. 

Elle’s been scraping together tips from her gig at the Magic Pumpkin food truck behind her stepmother’s back, and winning this contest could be her ticket out once and for all - not to mention a fangirl’s dream come true.

Teen actor Darien Freeman is less than thrilled about this year’s ExcelsiCon. He used to live for conventions, but now they’re nothing but jaw-aching photo sessions and awkward meet-and-greets. 


Playing Federation Prince Carmindor is all he’s ever wanted, but the diehard Starfield fandom has already dismissed him as just another heartthrob. As ExcelsiCon draws near, closet nerd Darien feels more and more like a fake - until he meets a girl who shows him otherwise. (Goodreads)


The Author

Ashley Poston loves coffee, moving castles, and starry night skies. A graduate from the University of South Carolina, she earned a degree in English and became a scholar in procrastination. 

When not in search of her next great adventure, she lives with her bossy cat in rural South Carolina. They are both firm believers that cosmic princesses can be space pirates, too.

Sometimes, you can catch her lurking around in coffee shops where she reads copious amounts of fanfiction and plays a lot of video games. Oh, and she writes nerdy books for young adults. (website)


Check out the awesome trailer!




A HUGE thank you to Armchair Book Expo for hosting such a wonderful event and to Quirk Books for sponsoring this awesome giveaway!

15 comments:

  1. I just started reading this this morning! I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing what you think of this one, as I loved the sample I read!

      Delete
  2. Books and candles...2 of my favorite things as well. Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a sucker for scented candles and burn them all the time! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I haven't won anything in awhile so was a little overly excited! :D

      Delete
  4. Congrats! Looks like a real fun read. The trailer is fun. :) ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aleen! I'm really looking forward to reading this one!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the win. I have heard good things about this one. Happy reading. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess! Loved the sample I read, so can't wait to read this one!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your win! Geekerella is on my tbr so I'm excited to see what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have high hopes on this one!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u